About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Illustrator living in East London. I believe Illustration is not just about drawing, but is anything visual that communicates a message to an audience. To facilitate my creative skills, I like to work in moving image and photography as well as on the drawing board. I will be regularly updating this blog with my most recent masterpieces! If you are interested in commissioning me or simply have a querie, please contact me at: hello@lucy-e.com, @LucyJEvans or visit my website at www.lucy-e.com. Enjoy...

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Florence And The Machine competition entry


Please pleeeease support me here - voting opens Friday!


Artwork inspired by the song 'Only If For A Night' by Florence And The Machine.

I believe the song to be written about past loved ones, and how they still live on in your memory and dreams. I want to portray the overwhelming presence of someone Florence experiences in the song. Although this person may have died a long time ago, she can speak to them in her dreams as clear as if they are alive.

The funeral wreath signifies the death of the loved one, and the protagonist reaching past demonstrates her defying the obstacle of death, and communicating with this person on another level, whether it be in her dreams, spiritually or just through her memory. 

Her expression shows her getting lost in the surreal and extraordinary moment. 

Created using, pencil, ink and Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers