About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Illustrator living in East London. I believe Illustration is not just about drawing, but is anything visual that communicates a message to an audience. To facilitate my creative skills, I like to work in moving image and photography as well as on the drawing board. I will be regularly updating this blog with my most recent masterpieces! If you are interested in commissioning me or simply have a querie, please contact me at: hello@lucy-e.com, @LucyJEvans or visit my website at www.lucy-e.com. Enjoy...

Tuesday 4 May 2010

The Paper-eaters








This was a project I took part in for the Paper eaters 'art experience' taking place in the Ultralounge in Selfridges, Oxford Street. I had to illustrate artists Zoe Sinclair and Andrea Blood in a kitsch, caricature type style. These illustrations were then used on the website as dolls you can virtually dress! One requirement was that the 'dolls' had to be coloured digitally. I don't tend to work digitally to this extent so it was a chance for me to learn different ways of using colour in this medium. It was fun to be involved in a collaboration and am really happy with the result. There is also a chance the illustrations could be included in the artists magazine! So fingers crossed, I am waiting to hear of further developments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers